The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401 rollover Date:  3/31/2000  4:55 PM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  20843 of 104885

<< I'm about to start my own home-based business, what can I do to contine my 401 even though I'm self employed,or
is that the end of my 401?.If it is, how can I secure
what I've accrued as of yet?? >>

Since you're no longer an employee, you can't contribute any more to the 401(k). However, as a self-employed person, you have a lot of retirement account options. See IRS Publication 560. There is also a lot of information in the Tax Strategies board's FAQ.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us