The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  changing pension tax calc. methods Date:  4/3/2000  2:48 PM
Author:  dcalvin Number:  33385 of 130965

I retired in aug,1994. I contributed to my plan, but for some reason I started using the General Method of calulating the taxes. A coworker tells me I could save several hundred $$$ a year by using the "Simplified Method".
This will be the 7th year I have paid taxes on my pension. Is it to late to change? Is there really that much difference?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us