The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/peppermintpatty-asks-you-said-quotmany-12371041.aspx

Subject:  Re: retirement annuities Date:  4/9/2000  10:35 PM
Author:  intercst Number:  21063 of 105397

peppermintpatty asks,

You said: "Many variable annuities offered under a 403(b) plan, alas, have high fees."

OK, I'll bite - "what do you consider to be high fees?"




Anything over the 0.17% expense ratio of the Vanguard S&P500 index fund plus the 0.35% mortality expense in a Vanguard annuity (Total = 0.52%) is too high in my opinion.

intercst
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us