The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/interesting-choices-your-portfolio-is-similar-to-12382936.aspx

Subject:  Re: Constructing a Portfolio of Gorillas Date:  4/11/2000  7:54 PM
Author:  HamishMacBeth Number:  2028 of 8788

Interesting choices. Your portfolio is similar to mine (I have 9 including Microsoft, Intel, JDSU, Celera, Nokia, considering LHSP/ELON/BLDP). My choices were based on the TMF Rule Maker/Breaker criterion. Rule Makers make up 80%, Breakers 20% - thats my risk tolerance. I notice that you're suggesting 10 potential gorillas and 4-5 speculative stocks (say Breakers), so to generalise, you have around 33% Breakers and 66% Makers (say Gorillas) - thats a personal risk choice, but be prepared to possibly loose all your Rule Breaker investments. You may also want to consider "non-technology" stocks to diversify in sector. I also have KO and PFE, and I'm considering PG, JNJ ,a financial stock or maybe an index such as QQQ (Nasdaq) or SPY (S&P 500). These days when you see the Dow pushing up and the Nasdaq on a drop, it's good for the soul to see some black on your portfolio.

Best of luck
Jim
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us