The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Louisiana

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/count-me-in-12391436.aspx

Subject:  Count me IN!! Date:  4/12/2000  11:46 PM
Author:  Ronster Number:  97 of 300

WOOO-HOOO!! I've been waiting for this board to attract some interest. I love the idea of not limiting (geographically) the scope of our discussions. Personally, I have been splitting my time between Atlanta and N.O., so I don't wanna be counted out. I hope you guys will keep any "get-togethers" electronic, at least for now. And I love the fact that no one here seems to be any kind of a self-proclaimed expert, so we DON'T need to worry about embarassing ourselves with our questions and comments. All folks should feel free to chime in.

So, let me give a brief introduction to myself. I have been investing in mutual funds for about 11 years, and in individual stocks for the past three years. Here are most of the stocks I own: AMGN, MSFT, NOK, CMGI, JDSU, CSCO, SCH, GPS, PFE, HD and the foolish four (GM, JPM, CAT). I also have several mutual funds that were purchased in my Pre-Fool days. My initial investment in any stock is only $2000, so I'm not a big money investor - Gordon Gecko I'm not. Also, I am right in the middle of reading The Gorilla Game, and I have found it to be quite enlightening. If any of you have read it - or are interested in it, please throw out some comments.

Obviously, I tend to lean more towards the tech sector, but I'm interested in all GREAT companies, regardless if they sell fiber-optics or Pop-tarts. So... let's hear from you guys! What are you all interested in? And what do ya think of the recent slump in tech? Is this a yard-sale full of bargains - or discounted junk?

Let the good times roll...

ronster
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us