The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: How Do I Change my IRA? Date:  4/27/2000  5:50 PM
Author:  jbking Number:  21602 of 103313

It certainly is allowable, and in theory it isn't advantangeous to have one of each(At least I don't think so). The main reason is that the differences between a Traditional and a Roth are enough that for most people one should be better than the other(Of course this goes without saying that tax laws changing may also effect this down the line).

I'd make sure that the Roth is the way to go and then set aside enough money to cover the conversion since the tax bill while probably small shouldn't come from the money you are converting.

Just my advice,

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us