The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth IRA Date:  4/28/2000  2:50 AM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  21611 of 104919

<< I currently have a Roth IRA that i opened last year through an insurance company. I'm not happy with the returns that im getting.

I want to know how to put that money into some better performing mutual funds and single stocks. I'd like to add it in to my online brokerage account. Do i just fill out the forms with the new brokerage or is there something else that i must do? >>

You'll need a separate account at your brokerage for the IRA. Start with the brokerage, which can provide the paperwork and instructions for the transfer. One caution before you start. I don't know what you're currently invested in with the insurance company, but you should check to see what it's going to cost you to change before you do so.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us