The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / General Motors Community

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/yeah-im-from-a-gm-family-too-my-dad-was-a-head-12535196.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dealers Point of View Date:  5/8/2000  4:03 PM
Author:  bailey72 Number:  1749 of 7023

Yeah, I'm from a GM family too. My dad was a head honcho there for many years (retired now) and I worked as a foreman in a GM factory at Willow Run in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I always loved GM too, however, over all American auto makers have not done a great job at giving the public what it wants... foreign car makers got the jump on sub compacts for a few years before US auto makers got on that band wagon and I see that trend continuing over and over again.

Right now, at least to me, many of the American cars look the same. Now I know that many or perhaps all auto makers use the same frame and build up a different car from there but GM for example has so many cars that are exactly the same design-wise... all they do is stick a different name on it.

Personally I don't want, nor do most of my friends, a car that you can't tell what the darn thing is! Well, just a rant about GM who put bread on our family table for 45 years! Just for the record I drive a Volvo.

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us