The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investors' Roundtable / Rule Maker Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/rkm-just-a-few-comments-id-agree-ti-doesnt-12614693.aspx

Subject:  Re: RM Ranker TXN Q1 2000 Date:  5/23/2000  1:28 PM
Author:  geoffchase Number:  6305 of 8329

rkm,

Just a few comments. I'd agree TI doesnt usually integrate their analog and DSP gear tho they could and IMO should. Their dominance really comes from offering a product line that allows someone to put together a complete solution. That and all the application notes to allow them to see it done (at least generically so they know it's out there).

They should do this IMO as system on chip applications and the licensing of IP become a bigger part of everyones technology. I work for a TI competitor in this area and it's one of our (few) advantages in that we allow customers to integrate ASICS and analog with our DSP IP for System on Chip (SoC) integrated silicon solutions.

As for the other note. A final note of clarification. I guess it was DSP Comm. Corp that Intel bought which, I thought I had mentioned it, primarily licenses chip designs (CDMA is their biggest seller). Dont know what Intel will do with them.

And in this area names are too much of a pain. Everyone is DSPsomething. The company, DSP Group, who you referenced is different again. They actually do design their own DSP's, tho not much of note recently. Their main products are called Oak, Teak, and the Palm DSP is their IP as well. What a pain to keep straight.

cheers,

jgc
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us