The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/just-thought-a-few-of-you-should-know-this-but-i-12693544.aspx

Subject:  Re: Long Term Buy and hold Date:  6/6/2000  11:09 PM
Author:  ajcapron Number:  2775 of 8809

Just thought a few of you should know this, but I just applied to this new company called folio[fn], where you can create and manage your own personal mutual fund. You can set up say, 10 stocks that are each 10% of your portfolio. If a few of these stocks are big winners and a few losers your percentages of each stock are going to be a little out of whack. At foliofn you click one button and all 10 stocks are adjusted to be at 10% again, and somehow foliofn reduces the capital gain tax that most mutual funds get stuck with. If you have lost favor with one of your stocks, you can replace it with another up and comer. There are no transaction fees, but there is an annual fee of $200-300 a year. For some of you that is a steal. If this sounds interesting to you or you didn't think I explained it very well, take a look at their website at www.foliofn.com. Foliofn's demo explains it a little better. Can you imagine managing your own GG portfolio just like the supposed pros. Hope this sparks some interest among you Fools.

Ciao
ajcapron
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us