The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-value-chain-was-in-the-production-of-atari-12783164.aspx

Subject:  Re: How 'bout some “Gorilla-Like” Returns? Date:  6/22/2000  6:29 PM
Author:  Padavona Number:  3095 of 8780

The value chain was in the production of Atari Cartridges for the Atari Console. Many companies produced games for the Atari Game console; there is your Value Chain; there is your open architecture.

If you insist this is a value chain, that's the weakest value chain example I know of. Game producers = 1 link in the chain. No offense meant, but I cannot fathom considering this a Gorilla play then, anymore than I consider the Sega Dreamcast a Gorilla play now. Isn't Sega Dreamcast worthy of a basket pick by your definition of "value chain?" After all, there are companies producing games on CD for them.

You need to hold the value chain to a higher standard if you expect to find meaningful technology investments. Ideally a value chain should be very powerful, far reaching, and expanding.

Corley, you seem not to be so much of a market bear, but rather a Gorilla Game bear. You spend a lot of time finding flaws in the logic, whereas many members of this board are making money following the plan as was intended.

DP

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us