The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/that-was-a-bit-of-a-doozy-just-wait-until-i-dig-12788454.aspx

Subject:  Re: RNWK as Gorilla Date:  6/23/2000  2:29 PM
Author:  SlyAce Number:  3125 of 8785

That was a bit of a doozy;) Just wait until I dig into GSTRF this weekend. So many people say that it cannot work, will not work, no one will want it, it is screaming to me that it can't miss. The architecture itself is unique in its ability to extend voice and data (high speed data even on airlines) globally.

Let us know what you think -- it looks like a LEAPS play to me (along with QCOM) because either it works or it doesn't (this, obviously, is much less applicable with QCOM).

On another note, a friend was advised by AG Edwards that there may be something behind the NOK/QCOM rumor. The market believes it at least to some extent (look at a chart comparing the two since Thursday -- they move in opposition which is what one would expect). Anyway, I would never suggest that anybody invest based upon rumor, but if anybody out there is holding way out of the money QCOM LEAPS (as I was), you might want to think of selling just until this passes; i.e., if the rumor does turn out to be true, out of the money LEAPS might instantly become worthless depending upon how the deal is structured.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us