The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Taxes Date:  7/12/2000  7:06 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  37398 of 129509

<<How do you go about finding somebody to help with taxes (issues incl. recent marriage, cap. gains, investments, desire to by a house) in San Francisco, CA? What cerfifications should I look for?>>

Much depends upon your needs and requirements. It appears that what you identify here is pretty straight forward, and shouldn't require any unique specialization in any specific area.

A tax attorney would likely be a bit high powered for what you actually need.

A CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or EA (Enrolled Agent) might be more up your alley.

I believe that the best way to find a tax geek is to ask for references from a friend or relative or business associate. Somebody that is in (or at least close to) your situation.

I have an article in the Taxes FAQ area regarding looking for a tax professional and accountant. You might want to check it out for additional thoughts.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us