The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/good-morning-teknon-you-made-some-excellent-12934598.aspx

Subject:  Re: Continuing the conversation Date:  7/17/2000  10:59 AM
Author:  TMFSpirit Number:  4546 of 10421

Good morning Teknon,

You made some excellent points in your post. However, you said; TMF Spirit alone 'gets it' on this issue, although I think her it's-a-Swiss-thing theory is a bit over the top.

I was just posing my thoughts as a question for TMF Max to consider because CSFB is the first firm to go after posters critizing one of their analysts. I well remember when the Swiss put Eric Von Doniken in prision for what he claimed was heresy. Evidently some of his writings about the possibility of aliens visiting the earth in the past in books such as; The Chariots of the Gods were offensive. Although, his critics claimed he was jailed for fraud and embezzlement. However, I'm not sure where the truth lies, but do remember his writings offended the powers that be at the time. So, freedom of speech might have been stiffled by the Swiss in Von Doniken's case and its something to consider because Credit Suisse is the owner of First Boston. From my experience, I have noticed that many Europeans don't share what they call the "American wild west" approach to Freedom of Speech.

Keep Foolish and Prosper,

Spirit

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us