The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-would-also-ask-the-writer-of-the-recent-article-12944826.aspx

Subject:  Re: Continuing the conversation Date:  7/18/2000  1:23 PM
Author:  sdb2000 Number:  4571 of 10421

I would also ask the writer of the recent article on this subject to reassess his position. Take some time to get a feel for the Elan message board (b4 the suit changed its character) and then do some research on the analyst in question. Check out his reports on Elan, the timing and the regularity. Also, check the content versus the available information at the time. Compare them to other analysts. Look at the bigger picture.
kindest regards,
Peadir 'Og (one of the Elan 11 and a concerned retail investor)

If your being sued, the best damn advise I can give you is to stop posting on the subject. Really, you are only hurting yourself. It will come up in the court case. Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, you are going to insure some serious legal bills. You don't want to add to your trouble by discussing the issue in a public forum.

I have a cyber friend whose husband was wrongfully fired. He sued the company and his wife brought the issue up on Usenet. Yes, the issue came up in court. Yes, it hurt their case.

Personally, I think you should not loose. Personally, I think CSFB is frivolous. Personally, I support your right to say negative things about bone headed analyst recommendations. What I want to add is:

Do yourself a favor and SHUT UP!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us