The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hello-all-ive-started-2-drips-in-the-past-12955264.aspx

Subject:  Re: Our Upcoming Pepsi Purchase Date:  7/19/2000  3:42 PM
Author:  Canuckian Number:  19993 of 36626

Hello all,

I've started 2 DRIP's in the past couple of years. The first, with JNJ, was through Temper of the Times (Moneypaper). It cost $20, and took 2-3 months for everything to go thru. The second, INTC, I purchased 1 share through my discount broker (E*Trade), and had them issue the certificate in my name. It cost $19.95 for the trade, and a $5 fee for the certificate. (Other brokers will have different fee structures, so this is just one example). The one nice thing about this method is that is was really quick - less than 1 month. Then I had to contact Intel and fill out the forms, but once they have you in their system as being a shareholder, it goes quick.

If I start a third DRIP, I will try and use NAIC's Low Cost Plan - the cost is $7 per company to set up the DRIP. The only catch here is you have to be a member of NAIC to be eligible - which is well worth the $39 membership fee, IMO.

Anyway, just a few more thoughts.......

Canuckian
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us