The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Foreign Tax Exemption Date:  7/25/2000  8:14 PM
Author:  JoeChristmas Number:  38016 of 134391

I have lived out of the US for about 8 years. My salary has always been under 70k, so I haven't had to pay US taxes (although I've paid a lot in the country I live in). However, this year my salary will be much higher, and I will have to pay money to Uncle Sam in addition to what I pay in my country of residence. Does anyone know how I can minimize my tax burden in the US legally? Are there any books/publications available? Does it pay to use a tax advisor? Where should I begin? Thanks for your help.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us