The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/as-for-the-link-to-the-faq-only-a-couple-of-days-13197949.aspx

Subject:  Re: Demeanor Toward Newbies Date:  8/27/2000  9:54 AM
Author:  StanleyManly Number:  78192 of 274133

As for the link to the FAQ: only a couple of days ago, I clicked on it in order to post the link to my daughter and her husband, who had expressed an interest in MI. Among the many references on the page, I could find no link that expressly identified itself as the Workshop or MI FAQ. If it's there, the signage is not what it needs to be.

Dear Oyster,

Thanks for thinking of us. Doc follows one of the Ten Commandments for this board which I wrote about, i.e., Honor the Newbie. However, Ray's comments earlier in this thread, as well as comments by some others, express the frustration that we feel when newcomers approach us looking for basic information without having done any research. MI is HARD work, and we are just now reaping the benefits of our investment of time.

Regarding the FAQ, if you scroll down about halfway down the Fool Reference Page, you will find a section titled "FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions". This area contains links to many other sites and postings which provide various FAQs. Tis true that there is no formal FAQ for this site, but it will provide most of the information needed to answer any questions.

Regards,
StanL
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us