The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/let-me-say-that-thats-where-the-di-part-comes-in-13239920.aspx

Subject:  Re: PUMA, INSP, AETH and PHCM Date:  9/3/2000  4:23 PM
Author:  scrim1 Number:  4118 of 8783

Let me say that that's where the DI part comes in for PUMA. As a consumer I would rather have access to the whole web, not just one portion of it pre-packaged by INSP.

I don't think the carriers are going to stop you from accessing other third party websites. Just like Aol hasn't stop their users from accessing Excite games instead of paying a monthly fee to play games over Aol. The carriers want their users to use services from them. When you want a stock quote. The carriers rather you get it from them. If you want to find the nearest Italian restaurant. They want you to use them. If you want to send a email. They rather you use their services instead of using Yahoo.

Now say your looking for some type of ramdon information that isn't found on a portal. Browse-It™ would be helpful.

Say you wanted to check your bid on eBay. Browse-It™ could render eBay's website to work on your cell phone.

I'm not sure i see how Browse-It™ competes with Infospace. Browse-It™ is a browser. Like Netscape Communicator, right?

It seems Browse-It™ is more of a DI to Phone.com's browser.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us