The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks T / The Knot, Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltlt-quoti-havent-taken-the-plunge-yet-but-13244582.aspx

Subject:  Re: time for monthly KNOT post? Date:  9/4/2000  10:14 PM
Author:  genericpurchase Number:  24 of 127

<< "I haven't taken the plunge yet, but was intrigued by Fortune article. Very rough balance sheet analysis shows that KNOT has about 6-7 more quarters of cash at current burn rates." >>

- presuming the burn rates stay the same. The weddingpages purchase has now already been factored in. Just using the "Fortune" article, remember again that KNOT keeps the lid on marketing costs (rare in the b2c world).

Also please remember that KNOT no longer relies purely on ads, online or off - they sell gifts thru the site directly - 25% of sales 1Q.

It's quite justified to be conservative, but if one would << "rather pay $7/shr on the way up, than $3.50/shr on the way down" >> , I prefer to pay 50 cents on the dollar any day if the risk is worth it. Though it sounds we both may be Home Depot fans - I think HD is a steal right now. I can sleep at night owning both KNOT and HD. Good luck, all.

gp

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us