The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  over-contributed to Roth for 2000 -- what to do? Date:  9/7/2000  1:44 PM
Author:  Thoth2001 Number:  24645 of 90146

Foolish me. :-)

In April 2000 I contributed to my Roth IRA. One chunk
of $2000 for 1999, and one chunk of $2000 for 2000.

However, I may end up with more than $95k income, ie.
in the range where Roth contributions phase out.

What should I do?

PS: Besides the Roth IRA I do have a Rollover IRA.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us