The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Transfer IRA's to Foreign Lands? Date:  9/12/2000  1:08 PM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  5056 of 22193

Hello one and all. We are beginning to explore the possibility of transferring IRA's to foreign retirement vehicles--Canada, Ireland, Great Britain--after November.

I don't think you can't do it. Internal Revenue Code section 408(a) requires that an IRA be a trust organized in the United States.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us