The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/squark-great-post-made-me-want-to-both-laugh-13323257.aspx

Subject:  Re: CERTAIN TO BE OF GREAT VALUE Date:  9/18/2000  11:14 AM
Author:  MisterKrusty Number:  4310 of 8788

squark-
great post -- made me want to both laugh and cry at the same time. I say cry because I've seen one of Gilder's reports and, viewing through my non-techie lenses, it looked fairly informative and useful. Thanks for the clarity

So what troubles me most is the fact that he's got people like steve forbes, nathan mhyrvold, adn nicholas negroponte stamping their approval onto the home page of gildertech how's a liberal arts major suppose to separate the nonsense from the useful when delving into the world of high-tech investments?

sorry to go off on a tangent here, but is anyone else troubled by the apparent fact that famous businessmen and/or scientists are indiscriminate when tossing their seals of approval on new websites and books? What sort of high-level backscratching do you suppose goes on when an author goes looking for an endorsement?

MK

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us