The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jblue-wrote-an-author-who-writes-wrong-stuff-13327314.aspx

Subject:  Re: CERTAIN TO BE OF GREAT VALUE Date:  9/18/2000  11:07 PM
Author:  alevine Number:  4318 of 8806

JBlue wrote:

An author who writes wrong stuff with great eloquence and a unique voice is still wrong....Is it only physics that outsiders can get dead wrong and not have most people care?

Oh, come on now! Just because a book has some factual errors that are, at most, obtuse to the matter at hand, does not mean you should negate the entire work.

I realize that to some, these sorts of errors call the entire treatise into question, but (and I'll say it again)...I think you're missing the larger picture that the "Telecosm" is attempting to convey.

But, again, read the whole book.....we'd love to hear your opinion & impressions. I find Gilder's overview of the telecommunications arena enlightening, despite some inaccuracies in his prose.

As to the poster who asked me to "quit the blarny", I also suggest that the companies that Gilder explicitly discusses in this book are right on target for those interested in Gorilla Gaming.

Alan
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us