The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Fools and Their Money


Subject:  Re: IRA FOR ME Date:  9/29/2000  2:50 AM
Author:  Mark0Young Number:  6145 of 15438

with no reportable earned income

Oops! Unless your spouse has earned income and you file joint (I think that is the requirement), you will not be able to fund an IRA or a Roth IRA. One must have earned income, or one's spouse must have earned income, to be able to contriburte to an IRA or to a Roth IRA.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us