The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  IRA and Charitable Trust Date:  11/2/2000  8:04 PM
Author:  bbart91 Number:  41447 of 131414

I know i can avoid capital gains taxes on appreciated stocks by putting them in a Charitable Remainder Unitrust(and of course pass the Trust to a Charity. Can I also "promote" an IRA by doing the same with it?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us