The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Ex-Employer sent a 401K check - Want to Roll Date:  11/15/2000  1:44 PM
Author:  Zorkmid Number:  26158 of 104800

Right now, you just want to minimize the chance that the custodian messes up this transfer and tax situation for you, so pick a company that will answer your questions in person or over the phone. In my experience Charles Schwab has been good about this sort of thing.

Once you get the money into an IRA account, you can change it to another company later - then pick a company with the lowest fees or best investment choices.

Just a quick 2 cents, probably only worth 1 cent and a grain of salt...

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us