The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Maximum 401(k) Investment Date:  12/4/2000  3:02 PM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  26435 of 107809

I have already maxed out my Roth IRA.

Using what as a basis? To contribute to a Roth IRA you must have taxable compensation, and if you're excluding all of your earned income under the foreign earned income exclusion, you have none.

We've discussed this problem, and some approaches to it, on the Tax Strategies board.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us