The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/options-13959290.aspx

Subject:  options Date:  12/22/2000  3:07 PM
Author:  briancfg Number:  5879 of 21412

I currently work for a good company with investment savvy and insurance savvy individuals in a retirement rep. type of position. I'm paid ok. I'm in a position that I believe I've been pegged into and will not move forward very quickly. I'm disappointed by this and it has been a source of stress. I'm also 6mos. out of college.

I have the opportunity to seek a position at another company that I feel has good products and people, although they are not of the financial or insurance sort. I would have to learn those types of things on my own. The position pays better, and I feel I would like it more than my current position and also move forward more quickly in my career (ie more responsibility/duties/self-respect and knowledge/pay). However, I do not want to begin "job hopping" early in my career and find out I don't like another position. While I'm unhappy where I am, I'm scared to move too quickly in case I don't like where I go. I would just like an opinion from people who have probably faced this challenge in the past. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us