The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Lost my job in Dec. Date:  1/2/2001  1:16 PM
Author:  NYMOM Number:  26890 of 104807

You cannot roll directly into a Roth IRA. You must first roll into a regular IRA. Once that is done, you can then roll that IRA into a Roth IRA. The date the Roth rollover is done determines the year the taxes are due and the year in which you are subject to the $100,000 AGI limitiation.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us