The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Baker Hughes Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-do-not-know-ronbo-nor-have-i-been-in-oil-more-14040143.aspx

Subject:  Re: Finally Bought Some Date:  1/5/2001  3:52 PM
Author:  Imaginos Number:  94 of 146

I do not know Ronbo, nor have I been in oil more than a few years, aside from his comment about your thumbs he's essentially right. I own stock through the employee purchase program here in BHI as well, or, I did. I had bought at 17 and sold at 39, which is a rather more substantial gain than 20%. Doubling your money in a relative short time isn't very difficult, in the last 5 years BHI stock as sunk close to the teens (if not IN the teens) and has gone to the mid-high 40's. No, I didn't look at a 5 year graph, the first day on the job the people told me this straight out (selling me on the stock purchase program). Like one of my earlier posts, and in congruance with Ronbo, this company's stock value is very cyclical... it makes sense to buy in the teens-20 range, hold on for a few years and cash out in the high 30's, or if you're real patient 40s.

Right now with everyone drilling around the world business is good... although a lot of 99 showed us how far things can go down. It'll happen again...

Don't take my word for it (or Ronbo's)--check out the mystical 5 year graph. :)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us