The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Aspiring Writers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotwhat-do-you-do-when-most-of-real-existence-14148049.aspx

Subject:  Re: Unruly Characters Date:  1/19/2001  1:51 AM
Author:  LindberghBaby Number:  176 of 4871

"What do you do when most of real existence is quite uneventful?"

-------------------------------------------

It is? My existence always seems overwhelmingly eventful. I'll give an example from 6 hours ago.

At 7pm central standard time two of my friends (female roomates, just friends), held a mock lesbian wedding "ceremony" in one of the public lounges here at school. I use quotes on ceremony because they wore flannel pj's, and then pranced 3 rounds around a table with the "bride's maid" (John in a dress) singing "We're getting married nya nya nya nya nya."

In the center of the table was a large Neon Turtle plush toy, which we have successfully had ordained as a minister in the Unitarian Church.

The "wedding gift" was another of our friends, a large shy man, wrapped in red saran wrap (clothed).

That was 7 to 7:30. Other wierdness happened later. No alcohol was involved. That's not the wierdest thing we've done by any means.

I know I know. Why would we do this? Simple 5 part answer:

1) It amuses us.

b) We could say we're "performance artists" and people believe it (it's often too unnerving to them otherwise). NEA grant here we come.

3) We're terribly bored.

d) We can't afford alcohol.

5) There is no five, as it has been sacrificed to Eris.

So, eventful things can happen if you make them happen and don't mind embarrassing yourself.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us