The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Advice request Date:  1/25/2001  11:32 AM
Author:  cfdunton Number:  44805 of 129307

Is it possible for her to roll over this plan to an IRA rather than take a monthly payment? Quite often an employer's plan will allow this but not always so you would need to ask about it. She could not fund an IRA with her monthly payments. However she could take her monthly payments beginning now and invest in a taxable account.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us