The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Tax Help! Date:  1/31/2001  11:30 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  45228 of 133131

Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax, is probably the best IRS starting point for everything about taxes.
Of course, you can also find good information in any of the large commercial tax guides sold in bookstores.

Your Social Security withholding does not go anywhere on your tax return except in the case where you worked for more than one employer and your total W-2 earnings exceed the maximum Social Security earnings of $76,200 (for 2000).

Losses within any IRA are not deductible.

All your interest is income, unless it was generated from investments in securities which are exempt from federal taxation (typically municipal and state bonds).

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us