The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-want-to-purchase-tax-software-so-i-could-do-my-14249898.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax software Date:  2/1/2001  4:37 PM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  45337 of 133116

I want to purchase tax software so I could do my own taxes. I don't know which software is the best or more importantly, the easiest to use. Also, does the tax software contain information on the current IRS rules for deductions as well as tax tables? What about for next year....would I have to purchase new tax software again?

I've used TurboTax, TaxCut, and TaxAct, and find them similar. If you have financial software that will export, pick the one by the company that makes your financial software. Otherwise, consult your magic 8 ball. You'll find pros and cons to each of them, and the only way you'll find out is by using one. I do warn you that there's a learning curve involved. You'll find the second year a lot easier than the first, especially if you use the same software.

You have to buy a new program each year. There are so many things in tax law that automatically change from year to year that a new program is needed.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us