The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Shorting Stocks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/spedblavio-are-you-going-to-use-those-charts-to-14572963.aspx

Subject:  Re: LT investors, think before you short Date:  3/17/2001  11:07 PM
Author:  XXLTINVESTOR Number:  7753 of 44633

spedblavio

are you going to use those charts to protect you, to give you a clear cover point?

Shorting GE naked is more fortitude than I have, against the box yes, but naked?? whew?

Maybe you might want to look at the regional banks. I have been long almost every CA and greater NYC metro area one (reason, boffo bull = cash into those areas and good real estate equity to back loans) and am in the process of scaling out of most of them because bear plus capitulation bottom/down market = later decline in real estate and, maybe, loan losses as RE equity slips under principle amount.

Also long a ton of o&g and those banks, but am remaining long as long as I don't see a rerun of the economic problems of the non-o&g economy during the 70's.

TA for me is a confirming indicator (and I'm not that good at it when it gets to the fancy stuff), adds timing to predisposition. So, I am a believer, but a fundamentalist 1st and last. Hope that helps.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us