The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Kua`aina Partners

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/paul-and-any-kpers-interested-in-learning-ta-i-14723841.aspx

Subject:  Re: A technology company chart that don't suck! Date:  4/7/2001  6:11 PM
Author:  phatsack420 Number:  11367 of 26618

Paul and any KPers interested in learning TA, I strongly recomend Steve Nison's Candlestick books. I read the first book by him and it is the best book on TA that I have ever read. I have been told my many people that his second book "Beyond Candlesticks" is the greatest investment book ever. I just ordered my copy off amazon, I can't wait to read it. Candlestick charts will give off many signals that western technical analysis will not show. Not to mention that it is much easier to spot gaps and short term trends. Nison predicts in his book that candlestick charts will become the choice of most technicians and I agree. When you combine western TA with candlesticks you have some formidable tools. It is interesting to note that Japan has been doing candlestick charts for over 100 years. TA in the states started in the 20's with Jesse Livermore and Charles Dow. Japan was doing their TA and Livermore and Dow were doing theirs, unbeknownst to one another they had similar findings. Where as western TA has gaps, Japanese has windows. Where western TA has a triple top, Japan has a three mountain top. Three Buddha top is similar to head and shoulders top. The fact that there is much overlap between the two independent findings gives much credence to TA. I was always a devout fundamentalist, I now beleive in TA.

Fool On,
Peter
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us