The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: HELP! Need retirement advice Date:  4/25/2001  3:33 PM
Author:  avjo Number:  29322 of 94588

The ira max. at this time is $2000.
If she does not work where they offer a 401k or the like, than this would be the way to go to start for retirment. (and is not self employeed)
The extra money leftover would then need to go into a taxable account.
It may be that the ira max might go up to $5000 in the future, but that remains to be seen as of yet.
In a taxable account you could look into tax effeicent funds in order to reduce your tax burden.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us