The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Australia (All-Ordinaries)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/q-what-interest-does-a-dutch-company-have-in-14847267.aspx

Subject:  Re: Election Decisions Date:  4/26/2001  2:38 AM
Author:  jono202 Number:  2259 of 6186

Q/ What interest does a Dutch company have in improving the export earnings of Australia and maximizing shareholders returns in Woodside? Well you gotta look at it a tad dif they have a responsibilty to their shareholders I doubt if they intend to run down woodside they wouldn't buy it to do that. Look Aust will make money no matter who owns it everything that is exported is taxed by our Goverment.

Come on, there is no level playing field when it comes to "free trade" partic within the EEC.
What & us Aussie don't do the same thing to the countrys we can, Timor,
Papu New Guin, Phillipines etc? I can't see at all how you can rattle on about unfairness when we are the biggest exporter per capita in the FREE world. Bhp has raped many a poor country & currently has an extensive mix of foriegn mines, they are the number one income eaner& has a much better chance of maintaining that rating than WPL.

We haven't had free market access to Europe or the U.S for our products for years..despite them being heaps cheaper and of obvious higher quality
Huh, what are you talking about what products are much better & cheaper?

The Woodside decision fights back
IMO it just shows an ignorant public & pathetic Goverment.

We are NOT a walk over
Huh were talking about a take over nothing else.

Crikies it's ANZAC day, where is your pride....
I'm full of pride for the ANZAC's & I think that you are insulting those great soles by trying to use their deeds to prop up your opinion.
It's no war noone to fight no relation to the ANZAC spirit in anyway.

JR

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us