The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks Q / Quicksilver Resources

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ykoops-after-a-quick-review-of-pque-petroquest-14990142.aspx

Subject:  Re: News? Date:  5/17/2001  8:39 PM
Author:  reAL80 Number:  18 of 43

ykoops,

After a 'quick' review of PQUE (Petroquest Energy) here's what I see:

+ Mgm't seems very good; Hi ROE, ROA.
- Stock seems a lil' over-valued in comparison to KWK; higher P/E, P/S, P/B
+ Very good margins; operating and profit are better
- I would like to see a better current ratio, above 1.0
+ low debt.
+ brokers love PQUE; 4 Strg buys
+ better visibility per higher avg vol.
- lacking exploration & development news. I guess I need to search better. Wells are limited to Gulf of Mexico region.
+ 10Q could be better.

I haven't seen PQUE in IBD's list of A-grade mutual fund purchases during the past 3 months.

Technically, PQUE's chart looks good, but, not great. There seems to be resistance ~ $7.18 since the new 52wk hi of $7.25 on 4/27. PQUE may have peaked for the near term, maybe 'til next earnings season.

===================
Now for KWK:
There was some profit taking the past 2 days as can be expected.
Good signs:
+ Volumes during the past 2 down days total less than the volumes the previous 2 up days.
+ The low from 5/14 Mon. of $16.10, serves as the support price.
- Hourly chart is ok to lil' scary due to large sell off during 2nd hr on Wed., but, again, that could be profit taking.
- 15 min chart looks better.

Now, I'm waiting for KWK to base for a while, hopefully, around the $18 range, while, noting support at $16.10. If vol. drys up, say 40k, I may buy at that current level. If KWK's price gos below $16.10, then, I'm out.

AL
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us