The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-we-all-drove-moderate-sized-vehicles-and-had-15012079.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fords Date:  5/21/2001  4:35 PM
Author:  j9drost Number:  71865 of 312877

If we all drove moderate sized vehicles and had the necessary driving skills to accompany the size of these vehicles and had deregulated gas prices so that the financial impact was further restricting the size of the vehicles then the world might be a much nicer place.

And if we all would start buying the wonderful gas/electric hybrids, it would be even better!

The Toyota Prius is the most practical, since it has seating for 5... If given the chance to trade my current car for a gas/electric hybrid, with no additional costs, I would do it in a second. (Unfortunately, I owe more then my car is worth due to previous foolishness.)

I agree that the large cars and SUV's should be reserved for those that require them for their businesses and such. Most of the time, the size is just unnecessary.

-j9
Hey, I drive a tiny VW Golf, and don't want to be plowed into by an Explorer! :)
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us