The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Foolish Elves - Acts of Kindness

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/a-few-years-ago-i-was-under-a-lot-of-personal-and-15015394.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gratitude Date:  5/22/2001  1:33 AM
Author:  lovingrose Number:  182 of 3131

A few years ago, I was under a lot of personal and professional pressure and didn't see a way out. A friend sent me a book by Sarah BanBreathnach called Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort & Joy. This is a best-seller, so many of you may be familiar with it. For those who are not, the author INSISTS that if you want to make your life better, the first step is gratitude. You must conciously be thankful for the good things in your life, and she requests that readers keep a gratitude journal, noting 5 things each day for which one is thankful. Her premise is that a mindset of gratitude and abundance will bring even more abundance into your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been sitting here this evening feeling scared and worried about my business, finances -- you get the picture. A few tears have flowed. Then I got into the Motley Fool 'Random Acts' board and saw your post from a while back. As soon as I read about the Gratitude Journal, something shifted for me. One of those 'ah-ha' moments! "Ah-ha! I haven't been doing this, and I need to start it up again."

Thanks sooooo much for the reminder -- and for helping me feel better.

Love
Loving
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us