The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks Q / Quicksilver Resources

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/good-luck-with-pque-i-dont-enough-aboutm-but-15024403.aspx

Subject:  Re: News? Date:  5/23/2001  5:25 AM
Author:  reAL80 Number:  21 of 43

Good Luck with PQUE!
I don't enough about'm, but, it's chart is looking good. I consider PQUE a higher risk than KWK.
I screen stocks using Investor's Business Daily's monthly list of New Buys by Top Mutual Funds, thus, I don't look for JEWELS on my own. Sorry 'bout that. I tend to follow what the BIG money mgr.s, with good track records, are buying.

Some notes (for my records) about KWK:
----------------------------------
Chart:
+ 10day + hrly + VWAP(vol.wt.avg.pric) indicates an early support level is developing at ~ $19.50 with a weaker support level at ~ $17.70.

+ Since earnings release on 5/14, each daily volume has been above the 50day avg. of 60k. KWK's price has gone from $16.10 to a peak of $20.50. This usually indicates KWK has peaked for the near term.

+ Money Flow:
10day = ~ + $7.5M
1month = + $10M
3month = ~ + $11M
6month = ~ + $2M

Keep in mind:
Quicksilver Resources Enters Joint Venture in Alberta November 01, 2000
Quicksilver Resources Inc. announced the formation of a joint venture between its Canadian subsidiary, MGV Energy Inc., and PanCanadian Petroleum Limited to explore for and develop coal bed methane (CBM) reserves on 1 million acres of PanCanadian lands. The project focuses on PanCanadian's Palliser block in Southern Alberta

I'm placing a buy-gtc at $17.75 to add to my holding. $17.75 is near the low of the day on 5/18.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us