The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investors' Roundtable / Rule Maker Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/top-three-pharmaceutical-rule-makers-15074007.aspx

Subject:  Top Three Pharmaceutical Rule Makers? Date:  5/30/2001  5:29 PM
Author:  DropNineteen Number:  8003 of 8329

hey folks,

I have been examining the largest six pharmaceutical companies (GSK, PFE, MRK, JNJ, BMY, NVS), and I need to whittle these down to at least four so I can do more extensive research. I used the Rule Maker spreadsheet to evaluate all six business purely on their fundamentals. When I do this, Johnson and Johnson and Merck both have the lowest scores (due to lower gross and net margins, slower sales growth, etc.) Can anyone here suggest a reason why I should keep these guys on the list? I feel like I need to do something to keep my research on track since I have limited time, and right now according to the spreadsheet (based purely on the most recent 10-Qs of each company, with none of the subjective numbers filled in by me), GlaxoSmithKline (28), Novartis (23), Pfizer (22), and Bristoll-Myers-Squibb (20) look most attractive to me, in that order. Again, those numbers reflect NONE of the subjective categories being filled in by me-- that's what I will do during the next phase of research :-)

what do you all think? Thanks!

-Mike
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us