The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investors' Roundtable / Rule Maker Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-am-pretty-new-to-fooldom-and-trying-to-learn-15090287.aspx

Subject:  Re: AOL question Date:  6/1/2001  5:39 PM
Author:  TMFTribe Number:  8017 of 8329

I am pretty new to Fooldom and trying to learn and understand.... One question I have is this: What is keeping AOL from being included in the list of Rule Makers? My number-crunching of AOL's recent figures through the RM Essentials spreadsheet makes it look pretty good.

ccrissma,

I haven't run AOL through a ranker recently, but as others have commented I would think that from a qualitative point of view they should do quite well. I would speculate that one reason the portfolio hasn't really given AOL that much consideration for Rule Makerdom is that it is already in the other flagship Fool portfolio (Rule Breaker), and having the same stock in both portfolios would probably cause more confusion than they choose to address. I think that's the same reason why you won't see Starbucks (SBUX) in the Rule Maker port either, even though it wouldn't be difficult to make a case for their Rule Maker status.

Hope this helps shed some light on the subject.

the LanceMan

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us