The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/congratulations-to-you-on-being-sooooo-generous-i-15096325.aspx

Subject:  Re: Everyone has money - until someone needs it. Date:  6/2/2001  10:07 PM
Author:  familyceo Number:  150418 of 908844

Congratulations to you on being sooooo generous. I do hope you are not taken advantage of. Several years ago hubby's parents house burned down. Due to the fact that they have NO idea how to save money they had no downpayment to start the rebuilding process. Guess who they called for money?? Not his three siblings with their master's degrees and big jobs who still owed money for loans over the years. (thousands and thousands) They called us, the ones who paid each and every month in full any money ever borrowed and did not owe them anything at the time.
But you know I figure it this way. When (notice I'm not saying "if") the parents need money again I know three other families that better cough it up before we will again.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us