The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Education Assistance - Tax Bill Date:  6/7/2001  11:39 AM
Author:  MrGorsky Number:  51613 of 130451

I am a little confused about this part of the new tax bill just signed...

Employer-provided educational assistance: The law allows for a $5,250 tax break for graduate studies beginning in 2002. Currently only undergraduate courses qualify for this tax-free benefit.

I received reimbursement from my company for graduate courses last year but don't recall paying taxes on it. Is it that reimbursesment taxable as income?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us