The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gtgttoo-many-times-getting-a-credit-card-for-15155081.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rebuilding My Credit Date:  6/12/2001  11:22 AM
Author:  email4laura Number:  75782 of 312720

>>Too many times getting a credit card for simply "I want to rebuild my credit", means "I just want another credit card."

Fred's right.

If Larissa's still in school, I suspect more bills will roll in. It's not easy to pay off old credit card debts without a steady job.

It's wiser to stop the madness now. Don't get another credit card. Don't drag your parents into this by using their credit cards.

The obvious lesson is learning how to control your spending and living within your means. There are several ways to build up "good" credit. Having too many open accounts isn't the way to go.

If you're really worried about your credit rating, order your credit report to see what's on it. Make sure any "forgotten" accounts are closed (example: that Sears Account you've may have signed up for to receive 15% off your current purchase...I hate stores that do that).

Good luck and be wise about this.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us