The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-hot-damn-ill-bet-im-one-of-the-15160104.aspx

Subject:  Re: Not everyone gets a tax rebate Date:  6/12/2001  9:20 PM
Author:  kikichewie Number:  153307 of 910558

Well hot damn!! I'll bet I'M one of the 99.99999999% that didn't get Sony's last rebate on DVD players either! Why? Because I didn't buy one!

I don't care what percentage of the population is "left out." If they didn't pay INCOME TAXES, then it's insane to think they should qualify for an income tax rebate.

And sure, low-paid workers contribute to society. But they also get benefits "denied" to those who earn more. THEY are the people that directly benefit from all of the programs the rest of us pay for. (whether we want to or not)

And when someone talks about government 'BRAINWASHING,' they're editorializing. And unjustifiably.

Yep. Plenty of people are uninformed. But not for the government's and the media's lack of trying.

This is not a gift. It's a rebate.

Where is that post about the dudes going to lunch and one of them pays 59 percent of the bill, and some of them don't pay at all?? Maybe that's a simple enough metaphor for these people to understand....

Grrr grrrr grrrrr.....
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us