The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/whats-wrong-with-just-saying-quoti-paid-more-15166697.aspx

Subject:  Re: Not everyone gets a tax rebate Date:  6/13/2001  5:11 PM
Author:  makasha Number:  153641 of 910561

'What's wrong with just saying, "I paid more in income taxes last year than most people, so I support an income tax cut because it benefits me more than another kind of tax cut would, and I want more money."?

Nothing at all. As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward very much to my $300 check, because I got laid off Monday night. It'll come in handy the third week of July, right around the time my severance money runs out! LOL Plus, if I stay unemployed for a long while (NOT the plan, believe me!) but if I do, I'll have already paid the better protion of this year's taxes in the first 5 months. If I end up being undeserving of that tax cut/rebate check I don't have to pay it back when my taxes come due on April 15th! (read the article again, it states that if anyone doesn't get a rebate check, but they end up earning enough this year so they should have gotten one, they can get it when they file their 2001 taxes next year. If someone gets their rebate but ends up earnign less money this year, they won't have to pay back the rebate check they got....that could be ME.)

:^>
<evil grin>
Mak

SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us